Ditch the checkbook, and stop running to the ATM. SelectSitter is rolling out in-app payments!
Hi fellow parents and babysitters! We have some big news here at SelectSitter. We are rolling out in-app payments starting December 10 (postponed to Jan. 2019). That means soon you’ll be able to find, book, and pay your babysitters directly through the app. For all you sitters out there, this means you’ll be able to accept payments right in the app. No more last-minute trips to the ATM, and no more hunting down the checkbook. Just log in to the SelectSitter app and securely enter your payment info. We’ll take care of the rest. We’ll even send you helpful reminders when it’s time to pay your sitter and when you have funds waiting for you in your account.
We’ve been working on this new feature for the last several months. We actually got the idea from all of you! In-app payments has been the No. 1 request we’ve heard from parents and sitters since we launched last November. Now, after some experimenting, we’re ready to answer that request.
But first, let’s go over the highlights!
- We’ll send you helpful reminders to make sure you pay your sitter.
- We’ll also keep you posted when you have funds waiting for you in your account.
- Your payment info will be securely stored in the app, which means you can pay your sitter anytime and anywhere.
- No more trips to the ATM or scrounging up cash for those last-minute babysitting requests.
December 10 can’t get here soon enough! This is babysitting in the digital age.
If you were unable to attend Demo Day, check out the video below of co-founder Sarah presenting on SelectSitter.
We’d love to hear from you, message us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or ideas to help us grow our startup!
Thank you to the Springfield Business Journal for featuring SelectSitter on their Startup Corner this week. Check it out on their site: http://sbj.net/stories/startup-corner-kari-hamra-and-sarah-howey-selectsitter-appas-select-llc,59518
We’ve officially wrapped week 4 of the efactory’s accelerator cohort 3!
This past week was all about marketing, social media and ensuring we have some good content! The speakers continue to blow us away with insight and frankly, our heads are spinning…but in a good way!
Check on the efactory blog to see all the cool stuff we are getting to do. Check it out:
And we still need your help!
Here are five easy ways you can help SelectSitter:
- Show us some love by:
- liking our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/selectsitterapp/)
- our Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/selectsitter/)
- follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SelectSitterApp)
- and on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/selectsitterapp/)
- Tell us your favorite social media moms (favorite Instagram-famous moms, parenting blogs, and podcasts).
- Do you use target Facebook ads to target audiences? If so, we would love to talk with you!
- We are in the middle of doing customer discover interviews, so if you are a parent or a babysitter and wouldn’t mind us asking you a few questions, please email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for our newsletter here: https://selectsitterapp.com/sign-up-for-our-newsletter/
We are about to wrap up week 3 of The eFactory’s accelerator cohort 3! We have learned so much already and are so thankful for every speaker who takes time out of their busy schedule to help SelectSitter and the three other startups.
The eFactory writes a weekly blog of the program progress and ways in which you can get involved and assist us startup. Check it out:
Want to help SelectSitter?
Our app was built to help parents and babysitters and we can’t do that without feedback.
Here’s a few ways we would appreciate your help..
1. Tell the parents you know to download and signup in the app.
2. Know a babysitter? Make sure they’ve signed up on the app.
3. Sign up for our emails, this will help us keep you in the know, but also give us valuable feedback to improve SelectSitter.
Sign up here: https://selectsitterapp.com/sign-up-for-our-newsletter/
Pick up the May 7 edition of the Springfield Business Journal to read how SelectSitter and three other local startups will take part in the Innovation Bootcamp through The eFactory’s third business accelerator cohort.
We are so excited to be part of this prestigious program and to kick off on May 14. We have many goals to further expand the app and provide even more benefits to parents and sitters. Stay tuned for details.
In this month’s Biz417 Magazine, SelectSitter is featured. The article is in their Startups section which covers newly launched or opened businesses. Be sure to pick up a copy of the magazine on newsstands now and read all about how we got started.
Thanks Biz for the opportunity to share our App story!
SelectSitter is excited to announce we have been selected in the eFactory Accelerator Cohort #3.
Launched in 2017, the Accelerator Program has graduated 9 other companies. For this year’s cohort, SelectSitter and three other selected companies will take part in a 12-week program made up of trainings and workshops, one-on-one meetings, KPI tracking, and more, to grow our app and experience. With this amazing investment, we will be able to explore new updates, enhancements, and who knows what else.
Lots of news to come…read more about the all the selected companies and the program, HERE